“You guys were awesome.” Will Smith
FROM PRESIDENTS OF NATIONS
TO PRESIDENTS OF COMPANIES…
The world’s leaders trust Drum Cafe to influence change and motivate: Bill Clinton, Richard Branson, Nelson Mandela, Nicole Kidman, Will Smith and more…
DRUM CAFE WINS INDIRA AWARD FOR INNOVATION IN TEAMBUILDING
Drum Cafe India proudly accepted the award for Innovation in Teambuilding and Interactive Learning at the 5th Indira International Innovation Summit on 13 January 2012. The innovation summit is the single largest gathering of innovators from different fields of expertise. The theme for this 5th summit was ‘Imagination, Creativity and Ingenuity: Leading a Culture of Innovation”.
A FANTASY OF FIRE AND DRUMS
In October 2012, Drum Cafe Germany performed with ‘Firedancer’ in their largest combined event to date. The show took place before an audience of 2000 people for Meyer Werft (currently building the ship “Fantasy” for Disney). It included a combination of interactive drumming, a human beatbox, the firedancer show and LunatX fireworks.
The key message of the event remains consistent: inside every employee is a little flame that can develop into a huge fire. According to Matthias Jackel, “I have never had so much fire around me in my whole life. It was a very intense experience. I loved it.”
DRUM CAFE NEW YORK LIGHTS UP CANCUN
2012 took off with a bang for Drum Cafe New York, with a 1200-pax event for Qliktech in Cancun, Mexico.
The event involved a team of 8 drummers who ran a 30-minute interactive opening session with an exciting creative element – wire light up costumes with projection and lasers used on the dancer (see the beautiful butterfly effect in the image). The event producer was ecstatic with the show, commenting: “Pavel and all of the team at Drum Café were a huge hit! It was the perfect opening piece to their General Session. They were truly exceptional and hit the mark in every way.”
DUEL IN THE POOL
In December 2011, Drum Cafe GA / FLA was privileged to perform at the opening of a historic Olympic-qualifier swim meet at the Georgia Tech Aquatic Centre (the venue of the 1996 Olympics!) Drum Café welcomed American and European Olympic swim teams, their entourages, guests and the world’s media to the event. The Drum Cafe team ignited the stadium in a rousing, passionate opening performance with two shorter pieces of drumming following the opening ceremonies to entertain the audience during the live television coverage by NBC.
MAKING MUSIC WITH PRINGLES TINS IN THE UK
Drum Cafe UK literally brought the product to life at a unique event for 70 European marketing representatives of Pringles (Procter and Gamble). The event was built around using Pringles tins to make music. According to Brett Schlesinger, “the Pringles tin is probably the most musically useful packaging ever invented.”
Pringles tins, which come in two sizes, can be used in several different ways to make music. The large tin and the small tin create two completely separate notes w hen played on with the fingers; a chopstick tapping the metal surface creates a third sound; and the tube itself can be played on the side to create a fourth sound. Finally, the tins filled with dried beans and pulses become really effective shakers.
AIA CONFERENCE OPENER AND CLOSER
Singapore Expo: Drum Cafe Singapore opens the 2013 power conference for AIA to motivate thousands of sales agents. A high energy event as far as conferences in Singapore go.
DRUM CAFE ROMANIA BRINGS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR ON WORLD ASTHMA DAY
On World Asthma Day, Drum Cafe Romania performed at an event sponsored by Glaxo at the Bucharest-based Marius Nasta Institute for Pulmonology.
The show took place in the hospital’s amphitheatre for 100 doctors and patients. The 50-minute long show was intended to inspire lust for life and to convey the message of the event – that patients with asthma can enjoy a normal life, full of energy and positivity.
THE GLOBAL DEAF RENAISSANCE COMES TO DURBAN
The World Congress of the World Federation of the Deaf is held every four years at different locations around the world. In 2011, the conference, themed‘The Global Deaf Renaissance’will be hosted by South Africa. The World Congress is considered to be the most significant gathering of the Deaf community in the professional calendar and is made up of people from many different countries, races, cultures and religions who all have a common unifying factor-they are all Deaf, they all share the Deaf culture and experience.
On the 18 July 2011 Drum Cafe Durban, in collaboration with Drum Cafe Joburg, will be opening this conference at the ICC in Durban with an interactive drumming experience for 2,000 people, most of whom are Deaf.
For Tim Furness from Drum Cafe Durban, who has been intimately involved in sound design and production for the last 20 years, this event is of particular interest and significance.
Drum Cafe will bring its unique interactive drumming experience to a very unique group of people, in what could be considered an historic event for the global Deaf community, and interactive drumming itself.
Watch this space for feedback after the event
Linkin Park and Drum Cafe for Save The Children…more
JAPAN WE CARE
The Drum cafe is sending help to the people living in shelters. In addition, we are sponsoring a clinical psychologist desperately needed by the many trying to come to terms with their losses.
Healing starts by bringing communities together. And Drum Cafe is helping facilitate that process. Hundreds of interactive drumming performance to the thousands in shelters are helping unite and re-build these communities…more
Shakira, K’naan with Drum Cafe drummers open 2010 World Cup Football South Africa…more
Microsoft Singapore Teambuilding for all staff June 2010…more
NEW YORK: SPRINT & NEXTEL $36B MERGER
Sprint’s wanted to make an impact at its acquisition of Nextel, so they chose Drum Cafe . What better way to unify 40 million customers. “Communication is changing, and we will lead it,” TM. Donahue, CEO.
EUROPE: P&G GILLETTE CONFERENCE-MOTIVATING MANAGERS
Motivating over a thousand executives. Drum Cafe takes Europe by storm. A powerul and unforgetable conference for delegates and managers. Drum Cafe works with major corporations from HQ to local branches.
DRUM CAFE WITH BILL CLINTON, TONY BLAIR, JOHN HOWARD AND WORLD LEADERS
Our programs are designed for the highest levels. From top profile engagements with royalty to leading diplomatic functions with Heads of State. Here the Drum Cafe’s all – women drummers perform for Bill Clinton, July 2005.
Drum Cafe also recently performed for Nelson mandela at the 46664 concert. nteractive drumming for Business in The Community with Prince Charles as patron, 1,000 business leaders, London, 2002 – 2004
- Sanofi/Aventis merger in Berlin, Germany, 1700 participants, January 2005. African drummers and Western musicians on drums and percussion provided a fusion performance to represent the merger.
- Unifem’s 30th Anniversary – with host Nicole Kidman – Hilton Hotel NYC – May 2006
- MSN in Atlanta – 750drums
- Drum Cafe New York helps facilitate the JP Morgan/ Chase/ Bank One merger
- Nortel Networks in Beijing, China, 700 people, January 2003
- Launch of Coca Cola’s Lemon Lite
- Taipei, Taiwan: Foxconn annual conference 2008 – 10,000 people
- Elite Model of the Year, Nice, France, 300 finalists with Jonny Casablanca, September 1999
- SAP Germany conference in Stuttgart, 2,500 people, February 2003
- Interactive drumming for Motorola, Las Vegas, 100 people, February 2003
- Interactive drumming for Ernst & Young, 200 people, Zambia
- Old Mutual’s 160th birthday celebrations, 2005
- The opening of the World Petroleum Conference
- The opening of Pan African Parliament’s 3rd sitting
- 5-piece drumming for President George W. Bush on his visit to South Africa, July 2003
- The Drum Cafe drum at Buckingham Palace for The Queen of England, during Golden Jubilee celebrations, watched by the entire Royal family and millions around the world, 2002
- The Drum Cafe drum at the Atlanta premiere of ‘King Kong’. Sigourney Weaver stopped to listen and enjoy!
- 100 Kwaito Stars perform at Nelson Mandela’s 85th birthday, Gold Reef City, 2003
- Performed for Nelson Mandela’s birthday at South African embassy in London
- The Drum Cafe’s all-women drummer perform for President Thabo Mbeki & Anglo American, July 2005
- Standard Bank Roadshow, 30000 Standard Bank staff around the world, January-March 2005
- The opening of the Nelson Mandela Bridge, July 2003
- Wrote the music and performed at Miss South Africa, 2001
- Performed at Women’s World Cup Cricket, as players come onto field. Music written by the Drum Cafe
- Live performances at 1-day Cricket Internationals
- The Tri-nations Rugby, 25,000 drums given to audience
- The launch of Old Mutual’s building in Sandton, Johannesburg, 2003
- The Drum Cafe’s successful interactive theatre show, Drumstruck has been performing on Off-Broadway, New York from May 2005 till now! Those that have watched the show include Nicole Kidman and Rosie O’Donnell etc
- Drumstruck tours China, Vietnam, Australia and New York to great acclaim
- Interactive drumming for Yamanouchi Pharmaceuticals’ Pan European Conference (many language groups represented – event run purely with body language), Orlando, Florida, 1,200 people, August 2004
- The Drum Cafe was awarded “official sell-out show” at Edinburgh Fringe Festival, August 2003
- The Drum Cafe drum with 1,000 audience members at the Tate Modern, London, March 2005
- World Record made at Australia Day! Interactive clapping in front of Parliament House in Canberra. 16,000 clappers handed out in a crowd of 22,000, January 2004
- The Drum Cafe drum at the Women of Colour Multicultural Conference 2005, New York
- Drum Cafe in the Executive PA Magazine Awards, 2005
- The Drum Cafe drum for Camp Firefly in Atlanta, attended by Kirk Cameron.
- Interactive drumming for Microsoft Tech-ed, Amsterdam. 6,000 people, June 2004
- Standing ovation for Hewlett Packard Event, 250 people, January 2005
- Interactive drumming for Ernst and Young, Florida, 1,100 people, 2005
- Texas Library Association (3000 librarians at the capital)
- Drum Cafe perform at the opening show of the 50th Anniversary Reunion Convention, Texas. Featured on the cover of the International Festivals & Events Association magazine
- The Drum Cafe drums up tunes with 2005 Australian Idols
- The Drum Cafe make music with Vanessa Amarosi, 2005
- Interactive drumming, Woolworths, 4800 people drum together at Sydney Entertainment Centre, 2005
- AMP – 1,300 Financial Planners drumming up business in Perth
- The Drum Cafe makes music for Celebrity Theatre Sports and support Starlight Foundation, 2005
- The Drum Cafe Singapore launches with a fantastic showcase at Legends, 2005
- The Drum Cafe drums for a Wella product launch throughout Australia: Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane & Sydney, 2005
- Drumming in Tasmania with Hotando at Cataract, Gorge & Launceston, 2005
- Questacon – opening of a science of music exhibition at museum, Canberra, May 2005
- 8 events for Amway China, largest 2,400 people, total of 13,800 people making music with the Drum Cafe , 2005
- The Drum Cafe drums with J8 Junior representatives, G8 Summit, Edinburgh, Scotland, 180 people, July 2005
- Lithuania State Bank and Hansa Bank, Vilnius, Lithuania, 700 people, September 2001
- All-women drummers tour Netherlands for the Festival Mundial.
- Twice daily performances at the Toronto Zoo throughout the summer, 2005
- Interactive drumming for a Dimension Data Event, 150 people, Mallorca, Spain, October 2005
- Interactive drumming for Deutsche Leasing, 1,400 people, Frankfurt, October, 2005
- Interactive drumming for the sponsoring congress in Germany for the 2010 Football World Cup, 150 people, Moenchengladbach, Germany. September 2005
- Drum Cafe wins Best Small Business Award at the Multi Cultural Heritage Awards in San Diego, 2005
- The opening of the Women’s Jail, Constitution Hill, 100 people
- High-profile launch of Louis Vuitton’s hand luggage range in South Africa
- 30-Piece drumming performance for the Sasol Springbok jersey launch, October 2004
- Launch of the Drum Cafe Book: Traditional Music of South Africa. The Book has since been featured on 3Talk, SABC Africa, Morning Live, Radio Today & SAFM as “Book of the Week”
- Nu Metro premiere of Drum (The movie), Montecasino, Johannesburg, July 2005
- 1 of the Drum Cafe’s drumming groups perform for the Seikh in the Seychelles
- Drum Cafe’s all-women drumming group perform for BBC with one of SA’s top choirs: Imiljoni KaNtu Choral Society, May 2005
- Old Mutual Road Show, 2,020 people, September 2001
- Nedcor Road Show, 2,170 people, December 2002
Inauguration of the Constitutional Court of South Africa, 2004
- Cell C Roadshow, launch of Sound of the City – Durban, Cape Town & Johannesburg, 2005
- Loreal, sound journey, launch of new Lancôme
fragrance, Hypnose, 2005
- Opened the Vodacom year-end function 2,005, 5,000 people
- Received a standing ovation at the SAACI National Conference, July 2005
- Johannesburg Stock Exchange – various company listings on a regular basis
- JInteractive clapping at BMW’s Family Day, Gold Reef City, 12,000 people, 2004
- All-women drummers perform for Gauteng Shared Service Centre, Freedom Day, April 2005, 1,200 people
- The Drum Cafe performed at the opening of Gauteng Provincial Legislature’s new building, 1,000 people, February 2005
- The Drum Cafe performed for Premier Foods’ launching of a new positioning statement to the media
Kaya FM birthday party, 2003
- Vodaworld’s birthday, 2004
- 2010 World Cup Soccer Bid, 2004
- Karate World Cup, 2004
- CNN at Sandton Convention Centre and Journalist of Year Awards
- Newsmaker of the Year Awards (when Mark Shuttleworth won), 2003
- The Drum Cafe drums with YPO (Young People’s Organisation), 400 people, Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront, July 2005
- The Drum Cafe drums with the entire Sales team of ABI, Sun City, 700 people, June 2005
- The Drum Cafe performed for SAP at Sun City over two days in February, 2005
- Drumming for Telkom, 1,000 people
- Interactive drumming for Avroy Shlain, Sun City, 900 people
- Kentz engineering (25th celebrations), performed for 350 people
- VW Bus Launch
- Performed at Investec year-end function, 200 people, Kilimanjaro
- Performed at the Nike Dance Event
- Performed at FNB Million Rand Awards, 300 people
DRUM CAFE HAS BEEN FEATURED IN THE FOLLOWING GLOBAL MEDIA:
WHY CHOOSE DRUMCAFE FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT
Every product Launch needs noise. Excite journalists, customers, or sales teams with Drum Cafe’s Launch Event programs: Interactive or Pure performance. We can help dramatize your product’s advantages and create a breakthrough launch that will be the talk of the town
- Drum Cafe launches cars for Chrysler at the 2007 Detroit auto show
- Wella Hair product launch throughout Australia: 2005
- Louis Vuitton’s Luxury hand luggage range
Goal Setting or Reinforcement of Company Values
Awards, Rewards or Incentive Events
Group drumming and making music together is an original way to reward participants and celebrate achievements.
- “Thank you” session for BMW staff, 120 people, January 2004
- Drumming for overseas sales staff from Dimension Data – 70 people etc…
Parties, Holiday, New Year, Anniversary Celebrations
Drumming includes and acknowledges everyone, and is a constructive way to celebrate. It’s a great ice-breaker and gets people to de-stress and simply enjoy! The Drum Cafe remains a favourite for year-end functions.
- Performed for Nelson Mandela’s birthday at South African embassy in London
- Performed at Investec year-end function, 200 people, Kilimanjaro, 2005 etc…
Transformation and Change Management
The assurance of a sound foundation within an organisation can assist both groups and individuals to better cope with change. Interactive drumming provides insightful analogies and through being a part of the experience, delegates are able to accept change as a necessary component of evolution and growth within their working environment.
- Interactive drumming for BP’s change management program, November 2004
- Drumming for Deloitte & Touche at a management strategy session focusing on transformation, 70 people, May 2005
Interactive drumming consolidates a long-term relationship between the company and clients by giving back to clients in a unique and positive manner. A shared drumming experience facilitates the development of loyalty and trust.
Examples of Client Functions:
- Interactive drumming for 6 000 Vodacom Telcom clients over 3 days, 2005
- Interactive drumming for Hewlett Packard’s top clients and customers, 140 people, October 2004 etc…
Gala Events and Fundraisers
The energy that the Drum Cafe generates is guaranteed to build a community and liven up any event. Give each person a drum and let them beat along at gala events and fundraisers, and rumble with applause at award ceremonies.
Examples of Gala Events and Fundraisers:
- Perform at FNB Million Rand Awards, 300 people, Theatre on the Track
- CNN at Sandton Convention Centre and Journalist of Year Awards etc…
- Hope International: “The evening was a great success. We raised more funds than we aimed to.”
Interactive drumming gets people working together to make music as one and provides great insight into the synergy between individual and team. It follows that drumming is an ideal activity for the fusion of groups and/ or the merger of companies. The Drum Cafe experience shows the group that if they can play to the same beat and listen to each other, then they have the potential to make music as a united company!
Examples of Interactive Drumming for Groups:
- The Sanofi-Aventis merger on 3 continents, the Sprint/Nextel merger in New York, the JP Morgan/Chase/Bank One merger etc
Examples of Roadshows:
- Standard Bank Roadshow, 30 000 Standard Bank staff around the world, January-March 2005
- Old Mutual Road Show, 2020 people, September 2001 etc…
WHAT OUR CLIENTS THINK
“Your team always go the extra mile in understanding and listening to our company culture. Your customized drumming teambuilding never fails to deliver amazing results. You guys rock!”
“Nothing that I have ever participated in 20 years through Chubb has had an impact on me the way that Drum Cafe did”
“We came as individuals, we left as an orchestra.”
“The world’s leaders trust Drum café for team building. Worked with Richard, Branson, Virgin. Bill Clinton, NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Bayern Munich, Nelson Mandela and more…”