FROM PRESIDENTS OF NATIONS
TO PRESIDENTS OF COMPANIES…
The world’s leaders trust Drum Cafe to influence change and motivate: Bill Clinton, Richard Branson, Nelson Mandela, Nicole Kidman, Will Smith and more…
DRUM CAFE WILL ADD THE WOW FACTOR TO ANY EVENT.
FIRSTLY WHY DRUMMING
Drumming has been used for centuries to unite tribes. Now its time to unite your organization through the universal language everyone that everyone can relate to. Through music. Drumming is something every culture can relate to. The first thing you hear when you come into this world is the beat of your mother’s heartbeat. We help your company rediscover their heartbeat. And get the whole organization beating as one. Drumming relaxes, energizes and motivates in a way most team building companies cannot explain.
Warren Lieberman, founder of the Drum Cafe
WHY DRUM CAFE
Drum Cafe has been proven for over 22 years in 80 counties. We have worked with 80% of the Fortune 500. And the world’s leaders trust us. Drum Cafe has worked with: Bill Clinton, George Bush, Prince Charles, Nelson Mandela. Global influencers understand the power of Drum Cafe to influence change. Richard Branson of Virgin to Michael Bloomberg the Mayor of New York City, Drum Cafe is the ideal substitute for a keynote speaker. If you are looking for the best, then consider the stars we work with: Annie Lennox, Peter Gabriel, Bery Gordy and more.
- Beijing Olympics, China – Drum Cafe opened the Olympics.
- Miss World – Drum Cafe performed at the Miss World finals as she was crowned.
- Bayern Munich – Drum Cafe works and motivates Europe’s elite sportsman who represent the ultimate in teamwork.
- World Cup – Drum Cafe has performed at the World Cup
- President of Taiwan – at the opening of the travel expo, Drum Cafe played as the president arrived
The Drum Cafe was founded in 1996 in Johannesburg, South Africa, as a tool for bringing together the country’s diverse and divided post-Apartheid peoples. It started when Warren Lieberman opened an actual cafe where drumming was used in a relaxed environment to break down barriers and inspire patrons. But the interactive drumming activities grew into something bigger — something global. Music is a universal language — there’s rhythm in all of us — that allows us to communicate, work together and experience a common sense of belonging. Through music, we learn to be receptive and creative at the same time.
The methods of Drum Cafe are effective because, like a business, music requires communication and teamwork to reach its potential. As we all drum together, every member of our audience feels like a part of something bigger — while simultaneously gaining a better understanding his or her individual role. The most significant lesson Drum Cafe teaches audiences is that we all succeed — or fail — together.
We say "200 Accountants!"
When the accountants enter the room, they are truly surprised. On each seat, is a drum, and as they move through the room and find a seat, the music continues, filling the room and creating an electric atmosphere.
Tentatively, a few brave individuals start beating away on their drums. An enthusiastic person gets carried away with the energy in the room and leaps into the middle of the circle for a quick dance to the wild applause and cheers of the group. The rhythm becomes infectious and soon everybody is tapping on his/her drum.
Then, without saying a word, our facilitator gets up and starts to orchestrate the group with a repertoire of body language signals, bringing the 200 entry-level musicians into perfect harmony. This is the beginning of the magic of the Drum Cafe drum circle…
During the course of an hour, participants are taught simple drumming rhythms through our successful methodology. We alternate drumming performances with interactive sessions to create a magical event where the audience themselves are the orchestra. At the end of the hour, participants are left feeling energized and exhilarated both as individuals and as a group.
DRUM CAFE HAS BEEN FEATURED IN THE FOLLOWING GLOBAL MEDIA:
WHY CHOOSE DRUMCAFE FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT
Every product Launch needs noise. Excite journalists, customers, or sales teams with Drum Cafe’s Launch Event programs: Interactive or Pure performance. We can help dramatize your product’s advantages and create a breakthrough launch that will be the talk of the town
- Drum Cafe launches cars for Chrysler at the 2007 Detroit auto show
- Wella Hair product launch throughout Australia: 2005
- Louis Vuitton’s Luxury hand luggage range
Goal Setting or Reinforcement of Company Values
Awards, Rewards or Incentive Events
Group drumming and making music together is an original way to reward participants and celebrate achievements.
- “Thank you” session for BMW staff, 120 people, January 2004
- Drumming for overseas sales staff from Dimension Data – 70 people etc…
Parties, Holiday, New Year, Anniversary Celebrations
Drumming includes and acknowledges everyone, and is a constructive way to celebrate. It’s a great ice-breaker and gets people to de-stress and simply enjoy! The Drum Cafe remains a favourite for year-end functions.
- Performed for Nelson Mandela’s birthday at South African embassy in London
- Performed at Investec year-end function, 200 people, Kilimanjaro, 2005 etc…
Transformation and Change Management
The assurance of a sound foundation within an organisation can assist both groups and individuals to better cope with change. Interactive drumming provides insightful analogies and through being a part of the experience, delegates are able to accept change as a necessary component of evolution and growth within their working environment.
- Interactive drumming for BP’s change management program, November 2004
- Drumming for Deloitte & Touche at a management strategy session focusing on transformation, 70 people, May 2005
Interactive drumming consolidates a long-term relationship between the company and clients by giving back to clients in a unique and positive manner. A shared drumming experience facilitates the development of loyalty and trust.
Examples of Client Functions:
- Interactive drumming for 6 000 Vodacom Telcom clients over 3 days, 2005
- Interactive drumming for Hewlett Packard’s top clients and customers, 140 people, October 2004 etc…
Gala Events and Fundraisers
The energy that the Drum Cafe generates is guaranteed to build a community and liven up any event. Give each person a drum and let them beat along at gala events and fundraisers, and rumble with applause at award ceremonies.
Examples of Gala Events and Fundraisers:
- Perform at FNB Million Rand Awards, 300 people, Theatre on the Track
- CNN at Sandton Convention Centre and Journalist of Year Awards etc…
- Hope International: “The evening was a great success. We raised more funds than we aimed to.”
Interactive drumming gets people working together to make music as one and provides great insight into the synergy between individual and team. It follows that drumming is an ideal activity for the fusion of groups and/ or the merger of companies. The Drum Cafe experience shows the group that if they can play to the same beat and listen to each other, then they have the potential to make music as a united company!
Examples of Interactive Drumming for Groups:
- The Sanofi-Aventis merger on 3 continents, the Sprint/Nextel merger in New York, the JP Morgan/Chase/Bank One merger etc
Examples of Roadshows:
- Standard Bank Roadshow, 30 000 Standard Bank staff around the world, January-March 2005
- Old Mutual Road Show, 2020 people, September 2001 etc…
WHAT OUR CLIENTS THINK
“Your team always go the extra mile in understanding and listening to our company culture. Your customized drumming teambuilding never fails to deliver amazing results. You guys rock!”
“Nothing that I have ever participated in 20 years through Chubb has had an impact on me the way that Drum Cafe did”
“We came as individuals, we left as an orchestra.”
“The world’s leaders trust Drum café for team building. Worked with Richard, Branson, Virgin. Bill Clinton, NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Bayern Munich, Nelson Mandela and more…”